Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Girl with Roses..

(Images courtesy:Google)


Standing there in the charring sun,
she looked around.. searching for someone..

Seeing my auto halt ,came running up to me,
oblivious of the scorching demon, trying to destroy her beauty..

Putting forth her hands,
with a sweet smile hiding pain behind.. 

the hands, which held the tender beauty of nature ,
were unfortunately covered with bruised layers..

Her beaming eyes devoid of any tears,
sparked a connection and my eyes overflowed..

Something in me evoked, and I finally bought those rose..
the signal went green, and my auto steered across the road..

Moving ahead I suddenly realized ..
how selfish I was, my heart now defined,

I bought those roses just to satiate my feelings,
just to console my heart and not leave it aching..

In true terms I didnt help her..
didnt lend her anything, for her unknown future..

She would still be spending her chilhood on that traffic lane..
stumbling between cars and autos again and again..

Nothing could I do to save her from that poverty..
she was a flower seller and will always be,

I cudnt help her truly,just performed a formal duty,
by just lending her, with a few pennies..

Those pennies which could never educate her,
nor make her fly to her dreams..

But I wish it could just help her ,
in savouring  a happy meal today...






5 comments: